If you can’t attend the Crash Course, but really, really want the book! The workbook contains strategies, tips and guides on improving your UCAT score quickly.
UCAT Workbook In A Nutshell
We know you’re busy. Here’s the need-to-know information about the UCAT Workbook.
- It’s a 300+ page A4 book that takes you through the UCAT exam, from start to finish. You’ll learn key strategies, work through examples and be given practice questions to practice (duh) with.
- The workbook was created to be used alongside our Crash Courses, but works perfectly well as a standalone preparation tool. See our Crash Course reviews.
- The entire book is written by Oxbridge medical students who have been teaching applicants about how to do well in the UCAT for 6+ years.
- We go through every section of the UCAT in-depth, with easily actionable strategies and practice questions, all with fully worked solutions.
- We’ll teach you how to approach each question type for each section and give you valuable time-saving tips that can increase your score quickly (with practice).
- If money is an issue, we offer an extremely generous bursary scheme here.
UCAT Workbook Overview
The Workbook is one of the most complimented features of our course. It takes the form of a gigantic, 300-page A4 e-book. Our students tend to find it intimidating initially, but when they read through the content inside, they realise it’s clear and accessible, with no unnecessary jargon or flowery language. We’ve also injected a ‘bit of banter’ (to quote one of our students), which ‘makes it quite a fun read’ apparently.
Table of Contents
The Table of Contents is often a good indicator as to the content of a book. Here’s what ours looks like.
Before anything else and teaching you the main strategies for tackling the UCAT, we want to give you the best advice on how to prepare on your own at home. This ‘Preparation’ chapter contains helpful tips on what you should be focusing on when preparing, making a study plan and general productivity. A solid game plan for your UCAT exam is something every test-taker should have.
The ‘Strategy’ chapter will go through some of the most important principles and techniques you should know for the UCAT. There’s a clear overarching strategy that you should follow on top of the more specific strategies discussed within the individual sections: this crucially includes time management, when to discard and move on, and general approaches to questions
Much of exam success comes down to smart practice. Too many students fail to properly reflect upon their practice sessions and identify important areas to work on. You have to be your own coach when practising at home, and this means knowing what to look out for. This chapter will emphasise ways of maximising what you get out of every practice section.
All UCAT Sections
Every section of the UCAT exam has a chunky section set aside in the workbook. You’ll get the basic information of the section to start and an understanding as to why the section is required. You’ll then move onto advanced tips and strategies to ensure you can get the highest possible score, along with tons of practice questions and fully worked solutions.
Hundreds and hundreds of students have attended our courses and used our resources. In this page, you can find their unedited reviews of us.