The one-day Interview preparation course run by experienced Oxbridge medical students. All about improving your interview strategy & technique.
Priced at £129, the 6med Interview Crash Course is the most effective and yet most affordable medical school interview preparation course on the market. Run by a team of experienced medical students from some of the UK’s top universities, we’ve recently been through the system and will teach you everything you need to know to do amazingly at interview.
In A Nutshell
We know you’re busy. So here’s the essential information about the 6med Interview Crash Course.
- It’s a one-day course, which runs from 10am – 5pm most weekends from November – February each application cycle. Most of our courses are in London, but we travel to other major cities too. See our dates and venues.
- Small group size, with 1 instructor who is a medical student at one of the top universities in the country. The course is priced at £129 per student. See our reviews.
- Each student gets a copy of our 200-page A4 course book. See samples of our materials.
- We spend the morning going over the ‘content’ of what you need to know for interviews. We cover topics like common questions, weird questions, ethics, the NHS and other important areas. Everything is super-interactive and we make sure everyone’s involved in the discussions.
- In the afternoon, we do mock interviews with a volunteer in front of the rest of the class watching and critiquing (a nerve-wracking experience, but really good practice). Unfortuntately, we cannot guarantee you a mock interview. If you are keen for a mock, check out our MMI Interview Crash Course.
- We’ve been running these courses for the last 3 years and have taught over 3,000 students. Check out our Reviews page to see what some of them had to say. We also have an MMI Crash Course that takes you through 2 full circuits with detailed feedback.
Our 7-hour Interview Crash Course offers the perfect balance of theory and practice to give you the best chance of getting that coveted place at Medical School.
Doing well at interview is is all about coming across as a friendly, likeable person who is passionate about becoming a doctor, and has the qualities, knowledge and determination to be a good one.
A big part of showing this will be effective communication. You’ll be taught how communicate effectively through:
- Communication skills seminar
- Answering common question types
- Structuring your answers
Common Interview Topics
We’ll teach you what you need to know about things like medical ethics, the NHS and current affairs. This won’t be read to you though – the entire Interview Crash Course is designed to be as interactive as possible. Some of the topics we’ll cover during the course of the day:
- Medical ethics workshop & group work
- NHS and Current Affairs – Things you should know
- MMI stations – Lateral thinking & breaking bad news
Putting Your Learning Into Practice
This is where the real fun begins! We’ll give a volunteer a mock interview in front of the rest of the class whilst they watch and critique. The volunteer can (and should) use the knowledge they gained in the morning to give themselves an advantage, and after the interview, both the instructors and the other students will give them constructive feedback about what they did wonderfully and what could be improved.
Unfortunately we can’t guarantee everyone a mock interview.
Booking for our 2020 Interview Crash Courses is now open. If you’d like to know more about the course or about us, feel free to browse around this website, and please do contact us if you have any questions. Hope to see you soon!
Dates and Venues
We run our 2020 Interview Crash Courses from late October until December. Places fill up very fast so we’d recommend booking to secure your place (our courses are taught to reduced groups and places are granted on a first-come, first-serve basis). You can check and book your place by clicking the button below.
Refund Policy: If you change your mind about attending the course, just let us know at least 14 days before the course and we’ll give you a full refund. If there’s less than 14 days to go before the course, we can transfer your registration to another student (if you know someone who’d like to take your place), but sadly we won’t be able to refund you.
The Interview Crash Course Workbook
Just like with our BMAT and UCAT courses, every student who attends the Interview Crash Course gets a free copy of our Course Workbook. You should treat this as your Bible during the interview season – it will greatly help you understand what’s going on in the medical world, and will, therefore, be beneficial to your life.
Written by our team of experienced medical students, the Interview Crash Course Handbook is the perfect reference manual for your interview preparation.
Table of Contents
The Table of Contents is often a good indicator as to the content of a book. Here’s what ours looks like.
These are some of the topics that are covered in-depth with the Interview Workbook. We told you it was comprehensive!
Basics of Interviews
Inner and Outer Game
Hundreds and hundreds of students have attended our courses and loved them. In this page, you can find their unedited reviews of our courses.
Book today and watch your score skyrocket.
All of our resources and courses are created and led by tutors who have recently gone through the process and passed with flying colours. We’ve helped thousands of students with their medical school interviews. Will yours be next?