The UCAT workbook contains strategies, tips and guides on improving your UCAT score quickly. You’ll also find lots of UCAT practice questions to help with your preparation.
10,000+ Happy Students
Awarded Best Medical Admissions Preparation Company in 2020
UCAT Workbook In A Nutshell
We know you’re busy. Here’s the need-to-know information about the UCAT Workbook.
- It’s a 300+ page A4 book that takes you through the UCAT exam, from start to finish. You’ll learn key strategies, work through examples and be given practice questions to practice (duh) with.
- The workbook was created to be used alongside our Crash Courses, but works perfectly well as a standalone preparation tool. See our Crash Course reviews.
- The entire book is written by Oxbridge medical students who have been teaching applicants about how to do well in the UCAT for 6+ years.
- We go through every section of the UCAT in-depth, with easily actionable strategies and practice questions, all with fully worked solutions.
- We’ll teach you how to approach each question type for each section and give you valuable time-saving tips that can increase your score quickly (with practice).
- If money is an issue, we offer an extremely generous bursary scheme here.
UCAT Workbook Overview
The Workbook is one of the most complimented features of our course. It takes the form of a gigantic, 300-page A4 e-book. Our students tend to find it intimidating initially, but when they read through the content inside, they realise it’s clear and accessible, with no unnecessary jargon or flowery language. We’ve also injected a ‘bit of banter’ (to quote one of our students), which ‘makes it quite a fun read’ apparently.
Table of Contents
The Table of Contents is often a good indicator as to the content of a book. Here’s what ours looks like.
Before anything else and teaching you the main strategies for tackling the UCAT, we want to give you the best advice on how to prepare on your own at home. This ‘Preparation’ chapter contains helpful tips on what you should be focusing on when preparing, making a study plan and general productivity. A solid game plan for your UCAT exam is something every test-taker should have.
The ‘Strategy’ chapter will go through some of the most important principles and techniques you should know for the UCAT. There’s a clear overarching strategy that you should follow on top of the more specific strategies discussed within the individual sections: this crucially includes time management, when to discard and move on, and general approaches to questions
Much of exam success comes down to smart practice. Too many students fail to properly reflect upon their practice sessions and identify important areas to work on. You have to be your own coach when practising at home, and this means knowing what to look out for. This chapter will emphasise ways of maximising what you get out of every practice section.
All UCAT Sections
Every section of the UCAT exam has a chunky section set aside in the workbook. You’ll get the basic information of the section to start and an understanding as to why the section is required. You’ll then move onto advanced tips and strategies to ensure you can get the highest possible score, along with tons of practice questions and fully worked solutions.
Would you like to get the Workbook for free?
Enrol into the UCAT Crash Course to attend a hands-on, expertly-taught course for £129 and get the Workbook free of charge!
Hundreds and hundreds of students have attended our courses and used our resources. In this page, you can find their unedited reviews of us.
Got some questions about the UCAT Work Book? You might just find the answer here. If not, you can always reach out to us and we’ll be happy to help!
Unfortunately no, this material was designed to be read on electronic devices. Take advantage of the technology and don’t waste paper!
We are always evolving and developing our products to deliver you the best material to boost your UCAT Score!
It depends on every single person, but in general you should start as soon as you can. This is not a handout just to read. This is a guide, which in the right hands, can drive you to get your dream medical school offer.