6med | Personal Statement Crash Course
The most affordable one-day Personal Statement preparation course run by Oxbridge medical students. Book now for £129.
Priced at £129, the Personal Statement Crash Course takes a serious look at how to approach the Personal Statement, and breaks down the process step by step. Many students fall at the first hurdle, and end up panicking because they don’t know where to start. However, there is a clear approach (which we’ll give you) that will overcome the dreaded ‘blank page’ issue, and massively increase your chances of creating a strong personal statement
In A Nutshell
We know you’re busy. So here’s the essential information about the 6med Personal Statement Crash Course.
- It’s a one-day course, which runs from 10am – 5:30pm. There will also be 30 minutes at the end for questions. Most of our courses are in London, but we travel to other major cities too.
- Each class has around 30 students, with 1 instructor who is a medical student at Oxford or Cambridge. The course is priced at £129 per student. See our reviews.
- Each student gets a copy of our A4 course handbook which is a Personal Statement bible with tons of examples and actionable tips.
- We spend the beginning of the course going over content for your personal statement. The content is things like how to show why you want to study Medicine/Dentistry/Veterinarian Science, knowledge of the industry and much more.
- The next section we go over is strategy – how to put your content together. We’ll go through tons of examples and nail down the strategy of writing a strong personal statement.
- We spend the final section on writing your final first draft. Bringing the content and strategy together is the hard part but, with the 6med course, it’ll become a much more manageable task. You’ll leave the course with a strong first draft of your personal statement.
- You’ll be writing snippets of your Personal Statement throughout the entire day using tips and tricks our tutors will teach you, along with useful examples of past successful statements.
Personal Statement Course Overview
7 and a half hours. That’s how long the course lasts. Is it enough to completely finish your Personal Statement? Of course not. But it’s a pretty good start, and a great foundation upon which to build your final statement.
The content of your Personal Statement is where admissions tutors will see value in your as a prospective student. Without strong content, your Personal Statement will not stand up against your peers.
The difficulty tends to be showing all of the relevant information about you as a candidate on the limited space provided. 6med will help you structure your content in a way that will appeal to medicine admissions tutors. We’ll spend quite a bit of time looking over the best (and worst) things to say in your statement.
How to start writing, how to proofread and edit your personal statement, how to plan and make sure that you stick to a unified message – these are all important things that applicants often overlook and end up in the dreaded last-minute rush to write their personal statement – but not you!
There are some mistakes that people just seem to make over, and over, and OVER, and OVER again – the course will make sure you know exactly what these mistakes are and you don’t fall into the same trap.
First Draft Write Up
The aim by the end of the course is to get a strong first draft of your Personal Statement written.
This draft will give you a great foundation to build upon as you get closer to the deadline date.
Book today and craft a winning Personal Statement.
All of our resources and courses are created and led by tutors who have recently gone through the process and passed with flying colours. We’ve helped thousands of students create the perfect Personal Statement.
Will yours be next?