Our half-day course focused on giving you valuable mock interviews, providing you the practice you need to succeed on your Multiple Mini Interviews (MMIs).
Priced at £129, our MMI Crash Course is a half-day affair that takes you through 9 realistic MMI scenarios, with detailed feedback from our team of interviewers and actors. The MMI circuit is run through twice meaning you experience 18 different scenarios giving you valuable experience.
In A Nutshell
We know you’re busy. So here’s the essential information about the 6med MMI Interview Crash Course.
- It’s a half-day course typically starting in the morning. The course runs over a range of weekends from November – February each application cycle. See our dates and locations.
- Each session consists of 9 realistic MMI stations that students will pass through twice, participating on one occasion and observing the next. The stations reflect the questions and scenarios you will be tested on during your real medical school interviews. Station themes include classical topic such as ethics, motivation and current topic debates as well as non-classic topics such as data interpretation, breaking bad news (with actors) and communication.
- When the mock MMI starts, at each station students get 1 minute to read the station blurbs, 5 minutes to attempt the station and then 3 minutes of detailed personalised feedback they can physically take away with them. Read more about the Course.
- Students will be interviewed by experienced examiners (all medical students) and receive written in-depth and personalised feedback on what they did well and how they may be able to improve their interview performance.
- Each student gets a copy of our 200-page A4 work book. See sample of our materials.
- Students will be paired up to give them the opportunity to learn from their peers. It gives them a chance to see things through the eyes of an interviewer and a unique and extremely beneficial opportunity to observe different approaches to answering questions and tackling scenarios.
- 100% of students that have taken part on our MMI Crash Course have stated they would recommend it to a friend. See our reviews.
Our half-day MMI Crash Course gives you the chance to experience what your actual MMIs will be like with the added benefit of receiving detailed personalised feedback on your performance.
Get Essential Practice
Interviews, especially MMIs, can be very daunting for a number of reasons. You’re expected to sit in front of complete strangers and convince them in one way or another that you’re suitable to study medicine with little or no indication as to how you’re doing.
With our MMI Crash Course, you will gain practice in meeting and talking to interviewers and each of you will receive detailed feedback on what you are doing well alongside constructive feedback on things that may need to be improved to make sure you are among the best and most memorable candidates.
Understand Your Strengths & Weaknesses
All advice given will be recorded in the 6med MMI Crash Course Booklet which you can take home with you. Feedback received is broken down into specific criteria that relate to the topic attempted so you get a more in-depth look into the components of your answers. This means you will be able to pinpoint your stronger and weaker points across the wide variety of stations. General advice on the different components of each question/scenario is also provided as well as bucket-loads (over 200 pages to be precise) of interview advice, information and general guidance.
Learn With Your Peers
For the duration of the course, you will be paired up with another student to give you the opportunity to learn from them too. It gives you a chance to see things through the eyes of an interviewer and a unique opportunity to observe different approaches to answering questions and tackling scenarios. You’ll be surprised how much you can learn from just watching someone. You will get two opportunities to go around the circuit with the questions and scenarios changing between and you and your partner. By the end of the course you will both had attempted all stations and observed each other attempting the stations.
Booking for our 2020 MMI Interview Crash Courses is now open. If you’d like to know more about the course or about us, feel free to browse around this website, and please do contact us if you have any questions. Hope to see you soon!
Dates and Venues
We run our 2020 MMI Interview Crash Courses from November until December. Places fill up very fast so we’d recommend booking to secure your place (our courses are taught to reduced groups and places are granted on a first-come, first-serve basis). You can check and book your place by clicking the button below.
Refund Policy: If you change your mind about attending the course, just let us know at least 14 days before the course and we’ll give you a full refund. If there’s less than 14 days to go before the course, we can transfer your registration to another student (if you know someone who’d like to take your place), but sadly we won’t be able to refund you.
The Interview Crash Course Workbook
Just like with our BMAT and UCAT courses, every student who attends the MMI Interview Crash Course gets a free copy of our Course Workbook. You should treat this as your Bible during the interview season – it will greatly help you understand what’s going on in the medical world, and will, therefore, be beneficial to your life.
Written by our team of experienced medical students, the Interview Crash Course Handbook is the perfect reference manual for your interview preparation.
Table of Contents
The Table of Contents is often a good indicator as to the content of a book. Here’s what ours looks like.
These are some of the topics that are covered in-depth with the Interview Workbook. We told you it was comprehensive!
Basics of Interviews
Inner and Outer Game
Hundreds and hundreds of students have attended our courses and loved them. In this page, you can find their unedited reviews of our courses.
Book today and watch your interview skills skyrocket.
All of our resources and courses are created and led by tutors who have recently gone through the process and passed with flying colours. We’ve helped thousands of students with their medical school MMI interviews. Will yours be next?